While we have handled over two-hundred appeals, below is a concise, representative list of some of our notable appeals. We handle all types of civil, divorce, and family law appeals.
- Wright v. Wright, 135 So. 3d 1142 (Fla. 5th DCA 2014)
- Obtained reversal of trial court’s failure to award Former Wife alimony.
- Switzer v. Switzer, 113 So. 3d 1036 (Fla. 5th DCA 2013)
- Obtained reversal of a trial court’s order preventing the Husband from moving with the minor child.
- Gunn v. Ubbels, 101 So. 3d 420 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012)
- Shawfrank v. Shawfrank, 97 So. 3d 934 (Fla. 1st DCA 2012)
- Burnett v. Burnett, 66 So 3d 1102 (Fla. 5th DCA 2011)
- Obtained reversal of trial court order requiring Former Husband to pay Former Wife’s attorney’s fees.
- Diedrick v. Diedrick, 114 So. 3d 1006 (Fla. 5th DCA 2012)
- Obtained reversal of trial court’s order denying the Former Wife the ability to prove fraud in the Former Husband’s financial affidavit and his failure to disclose the existence of a pension.
- Galligar v. Galligar, 77 So. 3d 808 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011)
- Obtained reversal of trial court’s order requiring Former Husband to pay virtually all of his income for alimony.
- Kay v. Kay, 988 So.2d 1273 (Fla. 5th DCA 2008)
- Obtained reversal of trial court’s order awarding all of Husband’s retirement account to the Wife.
- Griffin v. Griffin, 993 So.2d 1066 (Fla. 1st DCA 2008)
- Obtained reversal of a trial court’s imputation of income to the Husband.
- G.S. and B.S. v. T.B. and E.B., 985 So.2d 978 (Fla. 2008)
- Represented one set of grandparents competing for the right to visit with the grandchildren when parents had deceased.
Governmental Regulation Concerning Real Property
- Delta Property Management, Inc. v. Profile Investments, Inc., 87 So.3d 765 (Fla. 2012)
- Handled three appeals before the First District Court of Appeal and two before the Florida Supreme Court concerning obtaining property via a tax deed sale.
Condemnation (governmental taking of real property)
- DOT v. SouthTrust Bank, 886 So. 2d 393 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004), review denied, 900 So.2d 553 (Fla. 2005); Department of Transportation v. Nassau Partners, 878 So. 2d 1286 (Fla. 1st DCA), review denied, 891 So. 2d 550 (Fla. 2004)
- Appellate decisions adressing landowners’ right to have attorney’s fees and expert fees paid by the government.
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority v. ASC Associates, 559 So.2d 330 (Fla. 1st DCA), review denied, 574 So.2d 139 (Fla. 1990)
- Obtained reversal of judgment awarding $2.4 million.
- Lee v. City of Jacksonville,793 So.2d 62 (Fla. 1st DCA 2001)
- Enforcement of ordinance preventing the cutting of trees on private property.
- Rukab v. City of Jacksonville Beach, 866 So.2d 773 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004)
- Appellate proceedings concerning the local government’s designation of certain lands as blighted and subject to condemnation.
Rezoning and Comprehensive Land Use Plans
- Coastal Development of North Florida, Inc. v. City of Jacksonville Beach, 788 So.2d 204 (Fla. 2001)
- Obtained formal Supreme Court decision concerning small scale comprehensive plan amendments.
- Suggs v. DeFrancos, Inc., 626 So.2d 1100 (Fla. 1st DCA 1993)
- Obtained reversal of money judgment on the grounds there was no enforceable contract.
- Page v. Fernandina Harbor Joint Venture By & Through Fernandina Marina Investors, Ltd., 608 So.2d 520 (Fla. 1st DCA 1992), review denied, 620 So.2d 761 (Fla. 1993)
- Obtained reversal of the imposition of ad valorem taxation.
- USP Real Estate Inv. Trust v. Discount Auto Parts, Inc., 570 So.2d 386 (Fla. 1st DCA 1990)
- Decision allowing piercing of the corporate veil so that shareholders were liable for corporation’s debt.
- Fu Sheng Industrial Co., Ltd. v. T/F Systems, Inc., 690 So.2d 617 (Fla. 4th DCA), review denied, 699 So.2d 1376 (Fla. 1997)
- Obtained reversal by appellate court of judgment in favor of Plaintiff in excess of $14 million with appellate court disapproving the measure of damages on all theories offered by Plaintiff. Ultimately litigated the case to where Plaintiffs received nothing.